Topical Antibiotics - Emma Best
Dr Emma Best talks about how we can reduce the usage of topical antibiotics in primary care.
Emma is a paediatric infectious disease specialist at Starship Hospital and a senior lecturer in the Department of Paediatrics at the University of Auckland.
- Antibiotic stewardship
- Rapid increase in antibiotic resistant organisms
- Latest advice on using topical antibiotics
- Alternatives to topical antibiotics
- Use of combined preparations
- Prevention of skin infections – patient advice
- Bleach baths or antiseptic skin wash to prevent recurrence
- Where to find patient resources
- Take home messages
- Topical antibiotics for skin infections: should they be prescribed at all? BPAC (2017)
- Topical antibiotics for skin infections: when are they appropriate? BPAC (2017)
- BPAC - Antibiotic resistance and stewardship
Paediatric infectious disease specialist
To contact Emma Click here.
This podcast episode is supported by Pharmac