About this Course
Identify, assess and provide assistance in the treatment of substance abuse that affects the mental wellbeing of taiohi.
- How Whānau Ora can inform engagement and practice.
- The factors that contribute to youth wellbeing.
- The legal frameworks that inform our work with taiohi.
- Components of and tools that can be used for screening, assessment and treatment of taiohi for substance use and mental health problems.
- How to manage withdrawals and intoxication.
- What it means to have ‘Integrated Care’ in the treatment of substance use and mental health problems for taiohi.
This content has been developed by Whāraurau, a workforce development centre for child and youth mental health, situated within UniServices, at the University of Auckland, in 2021. Whāraurau would like to acknowledge Ben Birks Ang and the team at NZ Drug Foundation, Dr Grant Christie, Youth Addiction Psychiatrist, CADS Altered High Youth Service, WDHB, and Ashley Koning, Addiction Programme Lead/Principal Advisor, Te Pou in helping develop this content.