- Skin prick testing for food allergy in children- getting the basics right. Dr Tammy O'Brien will cover when to order skin prick tests, when not to order skin prick tests and how to interpret results. Tammy is a GP who works at Te Whatu Ora Waitemata. She has a special interest in childhood food allergy.
- Childhood eczema - CNS Carolyn Cordes will discuss the use of topical corticosteroids in the care of children with eczema - some prescribing considerations, tips and common concerns with their use.
- Clinical updates will be presented by Dr Sue Tutty and Dr Luke Luk (this is specifically for Auckland Region GPs).
- Topical corticosteroids for childhood eczema: clearing up the confusion - bpacnz
- Child and Youth Eczema Clinical Network - Starship Children's Hospital
- Mooney, Emma, et al. Adverse effects of topical corticosteroids in paediatric eczema: Australasian consensus statement. Australasian Journal of Dermatology.
- What is eczema? - Nip allergies in the bud
- Eczema photo bank - Skin Deep (a DFTB project)
Tammy O' Brien
Tammy works at Te Whatu Ora Waitemata. She has a special interest in childhood food allergy.
Carolyn works as a Clinical Nurse Specialist in Paediatric Allergy and Dermatology in Te Whatu Ora Waitematā, assessing children in clinics referred with eczema and food allergy. She is a Nurse Prescriber in Primary Health and Specialty Teams, and an active member of the Clinical Reference Group for the Child and Youth Eczema Clinical Network - Te Rōpū Kiripai Hapori. She is passionate on provision of good education for Whānau to manage their child’s eczema and health.