In September 2023, HPV testing becomes Aotearoa New Zealand’s primary screening test for cervical cancer prevention.
The National Cervical Screening Programme (NCSP) is being implemented in July. This involves changes in the clinical pathway, changes in the test, and information that is necessary for providers to know which test to offer to clients and what information to give to clients at the primary care interface.
The panel for the webinar is from the NCSP HPV Primary Screening Project Team, with Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai Auckland and Waitemata Districts panel members communicating much-needed information to Auckland Region primary care providers and screen takers.
• why the change to HPV primary screening
• the transition to HPV primary screening
• HPV self-test, choices for participants, how you manage results
• screening conversations and resources for participants
• training and support for screen-takers
• local laboratory processes including how to order the HPV tests, how to use the swabs and sending them off for processing.
Cervical screening update Webinar archive (Sep 2022) is also a useful reminder.