Dr Parvathy Chandra will outline what we need to know about thyroid disease, including an approach to subclinical hypothyroidism.
Topics to be covered include:
- An approach to subclinical hypothyroidism.
- Scrutinizing the underlying evidence on how symptoms correlate with hypothyroidism and biochemical variations.
- Implications of adjusting for age and circadian rhythm in TSH.
- Who gets thyroid function test in primary care and who is being started on levothyroxine.
- What relevance does the measurement of anti-TPO antibodies have in clinical practice?
MRCP UK, MRCP Endocrinology, FRACP
Parvathy is a specialist working at MidCentral DHB who completed her advanced training in Endocrinology and Diabetes at the prestigious Imperial College NHS Trust, London. She was awarded MRCP and CCT in 2018, and she is an active member of the Australian and American Endocrine Society. She came to New Zealand in 2019 and became a fellow of RACP in 2020. Parvathy has a special interest in thyroid disorders and is the lead Endocrinologist in the thyroid multidisciplinary team.