Dr Monique Mackenzie will overview:
- Understanding the UV spectrum and its effects on skin.
- Protecting skin from UV radiation.
- Patients for special consideration.
As always, we will answer as many questions as possible during this session.
- Reduced melanoma after regular sunscreen use: randomized trial follow-up - Journal of Clinical Oncology
- How to apply sunscreen correctly - Consumer NZ
MBChB, FRNZCGP, FRACP (Dermatology), FNZDS
Monique studied medicine at The University of Otago in New Zealand. She has recently completed her specialist dermatology training at University Hospitals Birmingham, United Kingdom in skin cancer care and rare diseases. She now returns to Skin Centre, Tauranga to undertake a Mohs Micrographic Surgical Fellowship to further her passion in treating skin cancer. Monique is a member of Melanoma NZ, American Academy of Mohs Surgery and New Zealand Dermatology Society Inc.
She has presented at several academic meetings, most prestigiously the Royal Society of Medicine, London. She also co-founded the New Zealand Dermatology Registrar Group.
In her spare time Monique is a mother of three children and enjoys exploring New Zealand’s great outdoors.