Professor Ian Reid an international expert on bone disease, discusses the latest on osteoporosis.
- fracture risk calculators
- considerations on lifestyle measures for prevention
- making a diagnosis - when to assess risk
- determining the best intervention
- place of HRT
- P1NP (Procollagen type I propeptides) test
- drug holiday options.
Professor of Medicine and Endocrinology
Professor Ian Reid is a Professor of Medicine and Endocrinology at Auckland Medical School and a prominent figure in international bone research.